Starting with golf – step by step
GOLF – an affordable game for everyone
Every golfer had to begin somewhere. If you do not know anybody to “show you the strokes of golf”, then you are cordially encouraged to contact our golf club receptionists who will be glad to provide you with basic information about the game of golf, the local rules of the golf estate, the safety rules, prices and all information you may possibly need.
The Green Resort golf estate is open daily from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. /for currently valid opening hours, please click here/.
All golfers and visitors to the Green Resort golf estate are required to abide by the following general rules:
• The required dress code for golf is proper sports clothes and proper sports footwear;
• It is absolutely unacceptable to wear jeans and high heels to a game of golf;
• It is necessary to abide by safety rules and golf etiquette;
• It is recommended to keep one’s voice down during a game of golf;
• It is necessary to abide by local rules while on the golf course or the driving range;
• It is necessary to keep dogs leashed at all times;
• It is forbidden to enter construction areas;
• It is je necessary to follow instructions and recommendations issued by the golf course personnel (i.e. receptionists, marshals and green-keepers).
A failure to abide by general and local rules may result in a two-month ban to enter the golf course including the driving range as well as the forfeiture of the fee. We hereby kindly ask all members and golfers to report any improper behaviour to reception clerks immediately.
All you need to do now is to grab your balls and clubs (or a caddy) and head to the course. If you do not have your own golf equipment, you are welcome to rent the clubs for the fee of €2 and purchase a set of 36 balls for the same fee.
The beginners are welcome to use the following practice facilities:
A 250 metre-long driving range featuring 17 covered teeing-grounds, which serves golfers of all classes who want to practice their golf strokes and swings.
A 2,500 square-metre chipping area, which serves golfers of all classes who want to practice chipping, i.e. playing the golf ball to the putting green from its immediate surroundings.
An 800 square-metre putting green, which serves golfers of all classes who want to practice putting, i.e. playing the golf ball from the putting green to the hole.
The access to all abovementioned practice areas is free of charge.
There is literally but a couple of steps from the practice facilities to the full-fledged golf course; however, in order to enjoy golfing to the fullest possible degree, we kindly recommend that you first get a good grasp of the game of golf and its rules. We cordially encourage all fledgling golfers to take the full advantage of our course for beginners; upon graduation, they obtain the so-called Start Card, which authorizes its holder to use the public 9-hole golf course (par 28) at the Green Resort golf estate. For the fee of only €20, a certified golf instructor will gladly show you the strokes and swings and set you off to the world of golf in just a couple of hours.
Public golf course (9-holes, par 28)
It is a shortened version of the future master golf course, which offers a full-fledged game of golf to all players who yearn to practice their swinging, chipping and putting as well as to test their knowledge of golf rules.
The last step to penetration into the world of golf is passing the HCP 54 exam. After successfully passing the exam and registering in the Slovak Golf Association (SKGA) through one of the clubs you are already officially considered an active golfer and you can watch /and play/ on almost any playground in the world.
According to the most recent directive, effective April 5, 2018, the HCP 54 player is not required to take the "Green card" course at a golf professional, but just pass a test with the person authorized to issue the HCP 54 certificate. It may seem complicated, very we will be happy to answer all your questions if you are interested in playing golf. Just call on tel. 421 901 911 971.
Should this beautiful game win your heart, we shall offer you further ways of developing your golf knowledge and skills:
• Golf practice under the leadership of professional coaches that may eventually lead to passing the final test of golf mastery and obtaining the Green Card;
• Golf pro shop that offers a wide range of golf equipment and golf literature;
• GKBO life and annual membership that offers great benefits;
• Great number of club tournaments to improve your HCP.
The final thing to master is to enjoy this beautiful and pleasant game…